Full keyboard and mouse freeze

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with my Windows 10 Home (1909 18363.1016) Dell Inspiron 13 laptop. On a variety of programs, I will find that my keyboard and mouse have frozen. I have run Malwarebytes and AVG to check for viruses and malware, they both show clean. I have looked through several forums and have not found any help.

I am wondering if this forum on Windows10 might be able to help.

Reaction score
How are the mouse and keyboard attached to the computer? Or are you using only the built-in keyboard and touchpad? Also, is it possible in some programs that inadvertent use of the Fn plus another F key are disabling them?

Reaction score
I am using the Laptop Keyboard and a Logistic Wireless mouse. The TouchPad is turned off.

Since this has occurred in multiple programs, including but not limited to Microsoft 360 Word, Exel, videos by YouTube, Outlook Mail, Facebook, etc, I do not see a keyboard (Fn + F key) combo that would be common to them all.

Reaction score
Windows 10 Home (1909 18363.1016)
Hi Gregg,

I would do an upgrade to 2004 and report back if that doesn't help. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie, thank you for the suggestion. I will do the update today. I hope that it will not take long as my laptop is very important to my daily work.

Reaction score
Wolfie, or anyone else out there that might have a clue about this problem. I am still getting random system freezes on my laptop. The cursor will not move, the computer will not respond to any keyboard input, and the system must be physically turned off and then back on again to get any response.
I am up to date on all Win10 Updates. My system does not show any logs (that I can find) about this problem. I do not think it is a heat problem with the machine because it does not always happen at the same time in the use cycle (it can be shortly after the machine is turned on or an hour+ later).

Reaction score
Hi Greg,

did you make any changes in BIOS like an overclock?. Have you updated the BIOS lately?. How old is the hard drive?. If it is an old one, it might be failing and causing the problems???. :)

Ask a Question