Gaming lag

Reaction score
whenever i try to play any of the recent games like assassin creed etc, my pc lags the hell out.
anyone has any tips to reduce the lag?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHZ 2.70 GHZ
RAM: 8.00GB
GPU: Intel R HD Graphics 620

(i think the lag is mainly because my GPU is real bad)

Reaction score
If "lags out" means low frame rates, yes it's most likely your intel graphics. They are not suited for gaming. The best you can do is run the game at the lowest settings, and turn down the in game resolution. I'd start with 1280x720. If your frame rates are still bad, go with the lowest resolution available. Some games have a resolution scale too. You can try lowering that. That setup is just not good enough to play modern AAA games.

Reaction score
If "lags out" means low frame rates, yes it's most likely your intel graphics. They are not suited for gaming. The best you can do is run the game at the lowest settings, and turn down the in game resolution. I'd start with 1280x720. If your frame rates are still bad, go with the lowest resolution available. Some games have a resolution scale too. You can try lowering that. That setup is just not good enough to play modern AAA games.

so if im looking to upgrade my pc, i should look for a better graphics card?

btw, could the lag be caused in any ways by my disk?
its a ST1000LM035-1RK172

i have tried lowering my graphics to the lowest but the lag persists (star wars jedi fallen order)

also, what did you mean by its a mobile cpu?

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Generally speaking....mobile CPU's are for laptops and tablets. It's why I asked the question; is this a laptop?

With your GPU....that's the HD 620; that is mounted on the CPU itself and it's meant for everyday computing and not gaming. That means you have no dedicated GPU installed.

Unless you provide your complete system hardware specs along with make/model of PC/laptop.....this is just a guessing game.

Reaction score
If it's a laptop, you can't upgrade your graphics. Also the processor is only a dual core (4 thread) cpu. It's not going to play AAA games at more than low settings, low resolution. It's not made for gaming. That cpu is really geared towards web browsing, light office work (word, excel, etc), and maybe light photo editing. You should be able to play a few older games like cs:go.

Star Wars Jedi requires a 4 ghz CPU, an AMD hd7750/ Nvidia gtx650 or better. Regardless pf what graphics card you paired your cpu with (if it's a desktop pc), You won't be able to play Star Wars with playable frame rates. Sorry.

Yes, complete system specs would help.

Reaction score
If it's a laptop, you can't upgrade your graphics. Also the processor is only a dual core (4 thread) cpu. It's not going to play AAA games at more than low settings, low resolution. It's not made for gaming. That cpu is really geared towards web browsing, light office work (word, excel, etc), and maybe light photo editing. You should be able to play a few older games like cs:go.

Star Wars Jedi requires a 4 ghz CPU, an AMD hd7750/ Nvidia gtx650 or better. Regardless pf what graphics card you paired your cpu with (if it's a desktop pc), You won't be able to play Star Wars with playable frame rates. Sorry.

Yes, complete system specs would help.

how would i get system specs?

also, if you were to recommend a pc, what would you recommend?

and yeah i live in a third world country so this pc is normal here lmao

also, is intel core i7 4GHZ? im really new to computer stuff so would appreciate the help thanks.

so for the GPU, i cant use intel graphics?

Reaction score
Is it a laptop???? What is the model of your computer (brand, model number)? If you're going to game I'd recommend something with at least 6 cores (AMD Ryzen 3600, or an i5 9600 for example), and an Nvidia gtx 1060 or better. If you're new to PC's, I'd recommend doing a lot of research before buying or building a gaming PC. There's so many ways to waste a lot of money on something that's either not capable of gaming, or will be outdated very soon. It's hard to just recommend something when we don't know your local market and your budget.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Reaction score
Which i7.....there's a lot of i7 CPU's

damn I don't know how to differentiate between each, i need some help lmao.

NO....That's just a entry level GPU that's built into/onto the CPU and it just for basic computing and some very basic games.

so the build on GPU is typically bad in most computers and to be able to do gaming we need to upgrade it?

Reaction score
my specs,
thanks bassfish for the app.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U @ 2.50GHz 57 °C
Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0XT0D3 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 620 (Dell)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA ) 40 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek Audio
PC
vostro 5568

thanks for the help guys
any idea on what causes the lag and which should i upgrade?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A Vostro 5568 is a laptop. The things that need to be upgraded, can't. Sorry. It's a business laptop, it's not meant for gaming.

Reaction score
A Vostro 5568 is a laptop. The things that need to be upgraded, can't. Sorry. It's a business laptop, it's not meant for gaming.

yeah i know but i might be able to get a new laptop soon.
is there any laptops that can be used for gaming?

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I have no idea what your budget is. I can't make any recommendations without knowing that. I would not go with a gaming laptop unless you are willing to spend a lot of money. Gaming laptops are very expensive, and other than ram, they aren't upgradeable. You're stuck with what you buy, and in a year or two it will be struggling to play new games. I would go with a desktop PC. Just my opinion.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
is there any laptops that can be used for gaming?
Yes....there are "GAMING" laptops but prepared to spend a lot of money. Again, there are 3 types of "gaming" laptops....entry level, mid level and high end. All have a starting price point and then go from there. Just do a google search for gaming laptops.

Reaction score
whenever i try to play any of the recent games like assassin creed etc, my pc lags the hell out.
anyone has any tips to reduce the lag?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHZ 2.70 GHZ
RAM: 8.00GB
GPU: Intel R HD Graphics 620

(i think the lag is mainly because my GPU is real bad)
Have a similar problem and similar specs :/

Ask a Question