Mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC System

Reaction score
I bought a mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC system. I got the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 1600X CPU, and two ASUS ROG STRIX AMD RX 580 8 GB O8G GPUs in CrossFireX mode. I accidentally deleted the profile for my Kingston HyperX Savage 4 X 8 GB DDR4 2,667.00 MHz RAM and I need help getting it configured correctly in the ASUS UEFI. Specifically, what kind of information do I need to put in for the RAM timings, SOC, voltage, etc? I just want to run at 2,666.00 MHz rated speed and I don't want to overclock my RAM. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Reaction score
I figured out how to get my RAM to post and boot up Windows 10 at 2,666.00 MHz, but it is not stable after playing a PC game for more than four minutes. I reverted back to 2,400.00 MHz. I have to call AVA Direct again to ask them more questions.

Reaction score
By the way, secure boot was turned off when I tried it at the faster RAM speed and it was not stable.

Reaction score
To be honest; I have never heard about overclocking RAM, the CPU yes but RAM?. :confused:

Reaction score
To be honest; I have never heard about overclocking RAM, the CPU yes but RAM?. :confused:
"Overclocking" the ram is important with Ryzen systems, especially for gamers. In most cases it's not even overclocking. Most Ryzen motherboards won't run the ram at rated speeds without setting the XMP profile in the bios (which may require a bios update first). Even then it may not be stable.

I figured out how to get my RAM to post and boot up Windows 10 at 2,666.00 MHz, but it is not stable after playing a PC game for more than four minutes. I reverted back to 2,400.00 MHz. I have to call AVA Direct again to ask them more questions.
The first thing you may need to do to get the ram stable is to update the bios. First you need to go in to bios and see what version it is. Then go to ASUS' website and look up the latest bios version. If you're not familiar with updating the bios, it's best to call the PC's manufacture and see what their suggestion is. The growing pains of new CPU architecture.

Reaction score
I've got the ASUS ROG 1201 beta EFI firmware which is the latest. I figure that it's up to ASUS to continue vendor qualification testing for DDR4 RAM. Mine is on their list, but I figure another update will make 2,666.00 MHz stable.

Growing pains are right. I might call ASUS tomorrow to get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Ask a Question