Google wouldn't exist if not for Windows

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Would even the internet as we know it today exist if not for Windows? I had some experience with computers before I retired from the Air Force in 1979 but it wasn't until 1995 that I stepped into the personal computer arena. I had a computer built specifically to play the new MYST game. The guy building my computer asked if I wanted to set it up for internet access and I told him I had no interest in that area. Sometime later (not sure when) someone mentioned the newsgroups available on the internet and I decided to give it a try. In short order I was hooked. Had it not been for Windows enabling me to access the internet I don't know if I would have gotten involved at all. Unix and DOS were pretty much incomprehensible to the average person on the street and Windows came along with a system that nearly anyone could use without knowing a lot of geek speak. Don't know what the world would be like now if not Bill Gates and his cohorts.

Reaction score
...apple would not exist had Bill not given Steve $100 mil to buy apple back...a little known fact that apple users chose not to acknowledge!

Ask a Question