Graphics card catches on motherboard

Reaction score
recently bought a new graphic card,unfortunately it is to large for the space on the m/b.it's caching on resistors on one side, and the ram slot on the other side. i have just come across a pci-e raiser[the ribbon type],has anyone tried these.

Sintech - PA429 PCI Raiser Riser 1 PCI Flex-cable 15cm ID6355

Reaction score
tim, from what i have read the raiser is a ribbon type so should lay almost flat

Reaction score
The ribbon should work, just make sure you don't block cooling air flow.

Reaction score
recently bought a new graphic card,unfortunately it is to large for the space on the m/b.it's caching on resistors on one side, and the ram slot on the other side. i have just come across a pci-e raiser[the ribbon type],has anyone tried these.

Sintech - PA429 PCI Raiser Riser 1 PCI Flex-cable 15cm ID6355
There's 2 different cards mentioned, PCI and PCI-e. The ribbon is described on Amazon as PCI, somewhat different from PCI-e [X1, X4 and X16] and not interchangeable. I've used the older PCI-designed ribbon adapter when a PCI slot didn't line up correctly with the opening in a case but it's been awhile since. Being flexible it was handy.

Reaction score
well done bighorn,you spotted the deliberate mistake,lol. i hadn't noticed the difference.thank's

Ask a Question