Hacker has access to email adress

Reaction score
I got a email saying that someone gained access to email. I thought it was just a scam, as it had the typical copy pasted scam-mail. It turns out, it wasnt. The person actually has access to my email and now changes a bunch of my accounts psswords. My anti virus om any of my devices didnt detect anything. Has this happened to someone and is there a way to fix it?
Btw: the person tried ordering a phone over my 1&1 account.

Reaction score
Whilst it's entirely possible that someone has obtained your email account password, that should not give them the ability to change other account passwords - unless you've been unwise enough to use the same password everywhere?

I would advise you to contact the providers of the accounts in question, explain what has happened and be prepared to be able to prove that you are the real owner.

Reaction score
Is there any possible way you can change passwords for your current accounts?
I could change them, but they would probably just be changed once again. Today, at 10am my nintendo account was changed, eventho i didn‘t even know i had one. I tried adding 2FA to the ones i still use/ need.

Reaction score
I could change them, but they would probably just be changed once again. Today, at 10am my nintendo account was changed, eventho i didn‘t even know i had one. I tried adding 2FA to the ones i still use/ need.
I was going to suggest 2FA but seems like you are already on it.

Ask a Question