Hello All

Reaction score
I'm Allan,

Actually I jumped right in a couple of days ago. Or was that yesterday? I've been been pulling some long shifts in preparation for the win 10 update. First I tidied things up, then imaged a second identical SSD with my Windows 7 x84 Pro. Then spent a couple of days ensuring one SSD would remain Win 7 forever. That involved removing an accidentally initiated win 10 update (in hindsight, should of did that before i imaged the second SSD, cause I had to do it again, to get it unstuck on my intended win 10 SSD)! We live and learn.

Once I was happy with my win 7 SSD, I then updated my 2nd SSD (newest and first in my boot menu order) to Win 10. Folks, I made several system images through this whole process. It was drawn out for sure! And here I am. Tada! :)

Now a little about myself. I'm 60 years old, a DeVry Graduate in Systems Development with about 30 years in IT and about the same amount of years in the oil patch. I did some construction when I was younger, and worked as a programmer analyst with the city of Calgary (yes a Canuck!), until I went back to the patch with a role in IT, combined with my previous oil rig and well service experience.

Now with that said, being retired early with a chronic pain condition, I'm on a whole lot of meds. And as I'm sure you know someone like me, you know it's hard for us sufferers to battle the stupid away. Not to mention just getting old makes it hard for some of us, just remember what we did in the morning! This is, and shall be, my disclaimer hence forth. Lol.

I still like to spend time on the computer and I like to help people when i can. Actually one of the very reasons I've taken on the Windows 10 update is to get highly knowledgeable with it. Because when you are IT, you never really get to retire for family and friends, do you?

Oh yeah, and to add to the equation, my new hobby is to learn wine! I read and research a lot; have a fairly decent cellar for a poor folk, and yes, I do sip away, helps with the pain! Lol. o_O Ok, ok, I typically quit when I first feel the alcohol. Which is about 1/2 glass away.....

Cheers! Allan10

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Allan,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you hear a strange buzzing sound that will either be Microsoft's mosquito sized drones dive bombing your SSD to convert it to Windows 10, or an actual mosquito in which case call Bill Gates and ask for a bed net :)

It will be great to have your experience here in the forums as there are all kinds of questions from users and members alike you no doubt will have some good ideas on resolving.

I'm in New Zealand so at times we may bump into each other subject to time zones of course.

In case it was not obvious by my chat name, I'm into programming and working with the Registry. I enjoy helping others resolve their computer problems and discovered this Forum not too long ago myself. Of the many out there this one in my opinion has proven to be the most friendly with no major ego issues as everyone here so far anyway has wanted to simply help, rather than be the "I'm superior because I know more" type personality.

I tend to offer up rather long winded answers at times, and get a chuckle when I see someone post a click x, y and z to achieve what I just spent 20 minutes typing how to do in long hand :D. As a result I am rapidly adapting to the GUI world everyone else seems to prefer.

I can safely say I am no wine expert, but my advice, let your taste buds choose a wine rather than some book tell you what to drink. I treat movies in a similar fashion. Critics make a good living convincing us they know best; sometimes perhaps they do; but then again its an opinion when all is said and done and not necessarily one I will agree with.

Anyway, look forward to see your threads.

Enjoy the forum.

Regedit32 (The not so flightless Kiwi although as our government mothballed our air force you ought to be safe for now as my long distance swimming is definitely a not happening event).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Allan.
Glad you found us.

Ask a Question