Help computer wont accept password

Reaction score
Hi , i recently purchased help from reimage. It was fixing problems then asked to restart in safemode. Now I can't get in because it says incorrect password. Im connected to the internet but it says it isnt please help

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Karry,

I'm not familiar with the software you say you purchased. Microsoft's own forum has a number of people having troubles after using something called reimage repair from a website called reimageplus.com which appears to have installed malware onto their PCs and corrupted their registry.

In the first instance could you confirm whether you have installed software from the above mentioned website, as clearly that will alter how anyone in this community assist you.

If your software purchase is in fact legitimate and there is no concern with Malware infections you could make use of Microsoft's online service to reset a password by booting to Safe Mode with network support.

To achieve this do the following:
  • Restart your PC.
  • When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power
    5a774598-9041-49c1-ac51-955242b27bd4_50.png
    > Restart.
  • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
Once there open a browser and go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

In your case you'd select the second option: 'I know my password, but can' sign in' then click Next

Let me stress! Only do this if you are 100% sure you have not installed software that has itself installed Malware onto your PC!!!

If you did purchase and install software from the above mentioned site then first go to Microsoft's forum on the topic here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...m/353c90f3-19e8-4e99-8139-c5075a454441?auth=1

Hope things work out for you.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi , i recently purchased help from reimage. It was fixing problems then asked to restart in safemode. Now I can't get in because it says incorrect password. Im connected to the internet but it says it isnt please help

Hi Karry,

I had the a similar password problem. It was because the keyboard defaults to [Eng} which is the U.S. English default. Right click on this, in the bottom right corner, and you can select your type of keyboard. In my case it was down to the "#" and "@" being in different places on the US keyboard from those on the UK version.

On my first efforts to install Win10 my Avast premier reported "reimage" as a nasty when I did a Boot Time scan. My latest effort, almost 100% successful, was done with both the Windows and the Avast Firewalls turned on. I only momentarily turned of the Avast firewall when it reported and unsafe download. I think it is probably most important that the Windows Firewall is turned on. This is not likely to block files that originate at Microsoft.

My inclination would be to go back to Win7, (or maybe Win8 in your case?), and start again. Hopefully you have either a 'clone' of your earlier OS or an original installation disk if not.

Good luck
Tony N

Last edited:

Ask a Question