Hi, looking for any kind of help. my sons computer keeps randomly turning off up to 5 times a day,

Reaction score
Hi looking for any kind of help, my sons computer keeps randomly turning off up to 5 times a day, he as windows 10 installed but it started happening in july when we had a power cut, he as changed the battery pack, does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Reaction score
It could be overheating. I would purchase a can of Dust Off (pressurized canned air) open up the PC case and clean off any dust that has collected on boards, fans and thermal heat sinks.

Reaction score
Yes. Take the cover off and ensure the vanes in the CPU and GPU( if there is one) are clean and that the CPU fan is running. If the cpu fan is plugged into the mobo and is not working you'll need to replace it with one with identical fittings. They are cheap enough and taking the old one in to a proper computer store should solve the problem. Take it off carefully. Do NOT remove the cpu. You'll probably be given a tine tube of heat grease to go with it.

FWIW we have cats and the PCs need the application of a small vacuum cleaner every so often!

Ask a Question