Help needed to complete connection with YourPhone

Reaction score
After a great many weeks spent on getting Bluetooth to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC I still cannot connect it to my Android phone. I have got a few very old messages and photos from when I had it working months ago so they are clearly capable of connecting--- but not now.

I have followed loads of articles from MS, used Troubleshooters, etc. and checked everything I can think of in my Windows 10 PC (not yet updated with May update) and my phone, including PhoneCompanion permissions etc . But when at the final stage I click the button in Notifications to activate syncing either nothing happens, or if there is a response in the phone such as a permission request, it does not lead to the devices connecting.

Reaction score
Go to the settings on your Android phone and go to the USB preferences on that phone.
You will be listed different options according to the flavor of the Android you use.
Options like Take no action, USB tethering, File transfer will be available.
Select the one option of your choice and you would be able to connect your phone to Windows 10 and transfer the files between both the devices.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I was hopeful about your suggestion as it is one (of many) I have not had before. However, the problem is not yet solved. I cannot find "USB settings" on my phone (see below) but under Connection & Sharing "USB tethering" is listed --- alas it is greyed out and shows "USB not connected", also greyed out. Clicking does nothing. "Bluetooth" tethering is 'on'. I have been expecting connection to be via BT (for which my PC is paired) --- what has USB to do with it?

My phone is a MINote7 with Android 9.

Reaction score
Try doing a soft reset of your Tablet PC. It mostly fixes some issues with the system without deleting any data.

Ask a Question