Help recovering preinstalled Windows 10 on Lenovo 100S 15IBY

Sel

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new Lenovo 100S 15IBY Ideapad 32-bit processor that came with Windows 10 preinstalled and UEFI boot. I installed Ubuntu on the Hard drive (it's actually a 64-byte SSD), but there are a lot of hardware problems and the computer is basically useless. Now I am trying to recover Windows 10 by using a USB with the official Windows 10 ISO image, but I am not able to go through. I really need help to reinstall it to its initial condition and take it back to the store where I bought it.

I created my Windows 10 live USB from my Ubuntu machine (a different one from the Lenovo) by following this tutorial: http://onetransistor.blogspot.com/2014/09/make-bootable-windows-usb-from-ubuntu.html. When I plug the USB and boot the computer, the UEFI recognizes it and starts to boot: I get the Lenovo logo and the spinner underneath. But then, after 2 minutes, the screen turns blank and nothing happens again. I have waited an hour, but nothing. No response.

The system doesn't have legacy BIOS. It's just UEFI. I have tried disabling secure boot, but the result is the same.

I don't know what else to do. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Sel,

Have you considered using a Factory System Recovery?
  • Shut down
  • Press the Novo key
  • When Novo button menu appears select "System Recovery"

Note this will restore computer to factory settings which means any new files added since purchase will be lost. So if there is anything important BACK THEM UP FIRST before using the System Recovery.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
A 32 bit Windows OS will not run UEFI...

Are you saying you only have a 64 GB SSD?

Ask a Question