Help with an External Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hello all, new user here so bear with me. I have been a longtime Mac user and I am converting to windows. I have a new laptop with windows 10 and I love it. Here is my question. I have an external hard drive with literally hundreds of movies and tv shows on it. Digital copies of movies that I own that I have always used on my Mac with no issues. I'd like to be able to use these files on my new super duper PC. When I plug the hard drive into the USB port of the new laptop, I cannot find it anywhere in the system menus. Here are my questions:
1. Should I look anywhere in particular, or
2. Because this hard drive has been being used on a mac, can these files not be accessed on a PC?
I never had to "format" the drive when I used it on my Mac, I just plugged it in and it worked. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You will need a third party program. Try HFS explorer here:
With your external connected, after installing the mentioned program, you will see it available under "My OC"
Run the option in hfs, under File
Load File System From Device

Ask a Question