Help with an External Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hello all, new user here so bear with me. I have been a longtime Mac user and I am converting to windows. I have a new laptop with windows 10 and I love it. Here is my question. I have an external hard drive with literally hundreds of movies and tv shows on it. Digital copies of movies that I own that I have always used on my Mac with no issues. I'd like to be able to use these files on my new super duper PC. When I plug the hard drive into the USB port of the new laptop, I cannot find it anywhere in the system menus. Here are my questions:
1. Should I look anywhere in particular, or
2. Because this hard drive has been being used on a mac, can these files not be accessed on a PC?
I never had to "format" the drive when I used it on my Mac, I just plugged it in and it worked. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
You will need a third party program. Try HFS explorer here:
With your external connected, after installing the mentioned program, you will see it available under "My OC"
Run the option in hfs, under File
Load File System From Device

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question