Hi, I am new here!

Reaction score
The reason is this:

19-09-12~15:15:00 (UTC+10)
Hotmail open in Edge>Updates Postponed to Quiet Hrs.>...worked in a New Document.rtf-File>!!!Blue Screen>Memory Management…>Updates...>~~~Lost .RTF file I was working on> Need to recover this New Document.rtf-file. How? [... try not to Shut Down ...]

All Thanks!

P.S. Dunno whereto/howto "chose topic" to ask @the right people... :)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello WeAll,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have not used Hotmail in many years, but given you effectively had some form of crash have you checked the Drafts folder in Hotmail for you - as yet - incomplete document?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Probably referring to Outlook. Hotmail hasn’ existed for some years, but has been retained for original users, as a shortcut - the users hotmail can, for convenience, still be used.
But, have a look at this page to see if your letter can be recovered. (It might also have slipped into the “focus” box)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not exactly sure that "Hotmail" has anything to do with the question.
It would seem that the OP has lost a Wordpad document <.rtf> rich text format.
Need to recover this New Document.rtf-file.
Unfortunately Wordpad doesn't, as far as I know, have an "autosave" feature like a more robust program such as Word has, so....

You might try something like

Which has a free version that allows you to recover up to 2 GBs of data, without purchasing the Pro version.
I'm not promoting or otherwise endorsing this particular program but it might be worth a try.
There is a "User Guide" here which might help

Otherwise the "RTF" document might be lost to the ether

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are right. I focused too much on the first word and assumed he had lost a doc he was using in Hotmail/Outlook!!

Ask a Question