Hibernate & Quick Startup not showing

Reaction score
Here's the great news. Everything has been working flawlessly as to powering down into sleep mode with the Power Button. And apart from once or twice, the computer will go to sleep on its own and has not a belch since last week.
Tonight, I left the computer and expected it to go to sleep on its own again but coming in, I find it stuck, with the fans revving up with a black screen. Couldn't get it to to wake up or go to sleep manually so had to forced it to shut down with the Power Button.
So whatever this is, it hasn't completely gone away. If you or anyone else on here has a fix or an idea, fire away! :)

Reaction score
Hi Lawrence,

has there been any updates to the system in the meantime?. ;)

Reaction score
Last update was on the 26th of October, prior to my last post in that week. Nothing happened since till last evening as to the problem at hand.
I did go into Advanced System Settings / Advanced / Change and then changed the Initial size memory from 1200 to 1000 and the Maximum size memory to 8192. I read this somewhere that doing so, can eliminate my present problem but again, it's a waiting game to see if that is actually correct. Let me know what you think.

Reaction score
I am not sure about changing memory size in relation to hibernation?. What I am thinking is that it may be BIOS related?, have you updated your motherboard BIOS at all?, what model mobo Is it?. ;););)

Reaction score
I wasn't aware this had anything to do with Hibernation, for I'm not using that whatsoever. The BIOS has been updated and with a five year old ASUS Rogue, they've not been bothering with updates for this for ever. Once in a while I will check but nothing to my knowledge.

Reaction score
It was just a thought as I really don't know how hibernation functions with regard to the motherboard power management in BIOS?. :confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
Well it was a good thought Wolfe but as you can see, a laptop that is five years old this month has long been forgotten by ASUS as you well know. I'll post back if everything remains within normal operating parameters or if there is a significant explosion inside the laptop. Always appreciate your feedback sir.

Reaction score
Hi Lawrence,

you can always do what I suggested earlier and reset the PC, it is a bit drastic but often will solve such problems. :):):)

Like I said also, I don't use any power saving features, I like full control over my PC, that way; I know exactly what is going on, that is of course up to you. ;););)

Reaction score
That would be one recourse I suppose but with there being next to no problems as of right now, it would be the last that I would do. I have also heard of one re-downloading Windows 10 & installing it again. It was pointed out at one point, some do that. Have you ever heard of that before?

Manually being put to sleep has presented no problems for nearly a week & a half or more. I've let it go to sleep probably half a dozen times in the last several days and zero problems. That means little though and only time is going to show if I have the problem still or not.

There was a point this problem was bad but still not sure (spite what I did) why it disappeared. I mean, if it came down to something like that giving me insurmountable grief, I would do a Reset or re-download Windows.

I'll let you know if there be any changes. Thanks for the suggestions Wolfe. I've got to say again, I'm really impressed with the amount of replies I'm getting from others on this forum. Did everyone resign?

Reaction score
I would imagine , reading the thread, that Wolfie was adequately deling with each of your queries successively. Little point in anyone else coming in with repetition of what has already been discussed,

Reaction score
No, there wouldn't be unless (and this is what I was kind of looking for) someone else might have another suggestion. This is why I am kind of surprised. Surely, this is not a first time round with something like this.

Reaction score
Your combination or errors tend to vary throughout the thread. I would suggest, if you want a fresh response, that you start a new thread with your problem outline in your post #21.- If it still persists. I am not clear on that?
You will. without doubt, then get some varied suggestions. I am not even sure if you are still concerned regarding your original hibernation query?

Reaction score
There has been one basic problem throughout the thread, although I might have started it off poorly regarding how to get Hibernation / Fast Startup back. That was related to the problem at hand. I had read somewhere to uncheck the Fast Startup and that's why I asked the original question related to that.

As said earlier, the problem is intermediate and though it seems to be fixed for a period of time, it has this nasty way of reintroducing itself again. I'm hoping with changes to the memory (as mentioned earlier) this might be the fix I'm looking for. But one will have to wait for a few days to see if that is so.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the trouble, pardon me, I mean the suggestions from Trouble and especially Wolfe for hanging in there like no one else.

Maybe I'm expecting to much in seeing hordes of others rumbling in on this with other suggestions, but right or wrong, I am still surprised that others have not flocked to this.

If this comes back to haunt me again, maybe I best take your advice & begin a new thread. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi Lawrence,

all I really took was a few shots in the dark, others won't flock to write a response if they feel they don't have a suitable answer for you!. This is of course not to say that others on the forum are any less talented when it comes to Windows 10 but don't want to commit themselves without worthwhile info. :):):)

Let us know what happens with regards to your change in memory please. :):):)

Reaction score
At least Wolfe, you took a shot at it. That's appreciated sir. I'll definitely let you know how things fare out, good or bad. Thank you again for your follow ups.

Ask a Question