"Hidden" feature seems to have hidden the wrong folder.

Reaction score
I tried to play around with the "HIDDEN" feature and every time it either it doesn't work or hides what I dont want hidden.

The last time I wanted to hide a directory temporary while I had one to do some minor maintenance, it did not seem to work, or sometimes it did work. But it appears to have hidden another critical folder which later re-appeared.
Is there any way to OVERRIDE my attempt to HIDE a folder and SEE ALL, hidden or not?

Reaction score
If you mean applying the 'hidden' attribute, either via a command prompt command or via the Properties dialog, remember that you can select whether to apply the hidden attribute to just the folder or to all subfolders and files.....

Of course, you have to have the 'Don't show hidden files, folders or drives' option checked in the File Explorer options for this attribute to have any effect.

Reaction score
I guess so too, he is talking about the hidden feature in the properties but i think the rest is a bit confusing.

Ask a Question