How can my TV "speak" to my PC wirelessly?

Reaction score
Let me get this straight off the bat I am not asking for my PC to recognize my TV but the other way around. Since my PC does not see my TV I assume the problem is that my TV is not "speaking" with anyone. I have WiFi but not Bluetooth. I read that both media need to be on the same WiFi network (which is logical enough) and I assume it is. I assume it is because there is only one WiFi modem in this house and I had to use the same password to connect my WiFi.

You could ask me why don't I read the manual form my TV and herein lies the other problem. I am in China, my TV is Chinese and I can't read Chinese. (If I can't get help here I will try to find a local person to help me with it).

Many places I read mention that all I have to do is connect the WiFi to the same network and if that is indeed all I have to do then why does my PC not see it? (Add a device etc never shows my TV). Something is wrong somewhere that's for sure.

Win10 pro: version 2004 (build 19041.746)

Reaction score
What do you want to see on your computer, that is on the tv.?
I don’t think, what yo want, is possible. But the tv services, to which you subscribe,should be available by some method, to also see on your computer.

Reaction score
Thank you Wolfie and davehc for your help and taking the time to do so. I think you both misread what I am asking.
Davehc you said what do I want to see on my computer and it is not on my computer that I want to see anything, my computer is doing fine. WHat I want to see is my computer from my TV. IN other words I want to see my computer screen on my TV or more precisely what is being played on it. One way to understand this is to assume I want to use my TV as my computer monitor (which happens to be in a different room).
As to the Bing video, I assume it is a YouTube one so I cannot see it (banned in China). However, from the name of it I think it will not solve my problem since I read numerous articles in doing this. Such articles tell you to go your PC settings and then click on Project or click on this or that whereby the TV is supposed to show up on a listt and my TV does not show up hence my question and hence why I wrote, "How can my TV 'speak to my PC and not How can my PC "speak" to my TV"

Reaction score
Your PC and TV both will need to support wireless display. With standard WiFi alone, this is not possible as far as I know. What you are asking is to mirror your PC desktop on the TV, but doing so wireless.

Reaction score
No misunderstanding here Michael!
You said: " am not asking for my PC to recognize my TV but the other way around. Since my PC does not see my TV "
A little convoluted, but I read that as you needing to see your TV on your computer!
But, I have this setup in a bedroom in my house. In this case it is from an Ipad to the tv.
I use software called Chromecast, but this is irrelevant for you, as it is for Apple Ipads or hardware only.
The only way I can see for you is to connect from your hdmi sockets.

P.S. I see now that Clifford has referred to the same method.

Reaction score
Thanks again everybody. It seems that Google Chromecast is the best (which to me means cheapest) choice. A question though. Google here is banned does this mean I would not be able to use it?

Attachments

• google.jpg
    google.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 88
Reaction score
Nope. Nothing to do with Google. Just advise - You will need to buy the attachment (dongle) to olug into the back of the TV.

Reaction score
Thanks again everybody. It seems that Google Chromecast is the best (which to me means cheapest) choice. A question though. Google here is banned does this mean I would not be able to use it?
From your attachment you have obviously done your research!:) And yes - that is what you will need to purchase.

Ask a Question