No sound from speakers

Reaction score
Hello,
My speakers are set as the default output device in the settings, but I can only get sound through my monitor. I've updated my drivers and tested the speakers with another device, but I still only get sound from the monitor. As strange as it may sound, this happened when trying to troubleshoot a monitor issue with a game. While I was switching between windowed and fullscreen mode in the game, the sound now only comes from the monitor.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Do you have a speaker cable from the computer to the monitor only or is there also a cable to the speakers? Have you tried the speakers plugged into the front panel jack [should cut out the port on the back]? Does your sound adapter have more than 4 ports [the number of speakers involved makes a difference such as 5.1, 7.1, etc.]?

Reaction score
Also, is their an in-game switch to change sound input in the game?.

What is your sound default set to? (Control Panel > Sound > Playback). :)

1586069077172.png

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but I got it fixed. When I was trying to update the sound drivers, I was supposed to click on "check for new hardware and software changes" that option did not come up for me the first time I tried updating the drivers from the device manager.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question