how do I set permission even tho I am logged as ADMIN?

Reaction score
Any way to avoid having to get permissions to open folders or move things around? I am logged solely as Admin, but pc doesn't seem to care. Not a big deal, but just annoying. Thx

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Annoying to say the least.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Maybe start by adding this little utility to your right click menu "TakeOwnership".
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

That should get you started.

After that you may still have to add and or edit container (directory) permissions to ensure that your account is explicitly granted the appropriate permissions to that container and its' subfolders and files.
For the ridiculously difficult ones you may have to go a step further and break (disable) inheritance from its' parent container.
In each and every case you need to cascade your add(s), edit(s) changes, down to include all sub-folders and files.
AND
Just to make things even more entertaining if you are using the "Home" version of Windows 10, you may have to include a user group called "HomeUsers" to your edits / adds and changes.

If you run into anything extremely difficult post back and we'll address it or them individually and specifically.

Just don't mess with any Windows folders (system folders) focus on those that contain your specific files.

Ask a Question