How Do I Show My Display on My Smart TV?

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for reading this!!
I have a Vizio smart TV.
My laptop is running Windows 10
Is there a way to use my tv as a display instead of my laptop display??

Thank YOU MY FRIEND for answering this question.....

Reaction score
depends if your laptop has a hdmi out port then connect that to the Vizio HDMI in port, then most laptops have a F key to turn off the laptop display and then you see the display on your SmartTV.
if more info is needed then please supply your Vizio TV model and you Laptop make and model.
also most smartTV have free apps to DL and install that will let you DL a specific program to your laptop, then connect via Streaming.

Reaction score
If you don't have an HDMI connection on your laptop, you may well have an older VGA connection, you can also use that (Assuming your TV has such a connection). To switch screens, you need to select the input source on the TV (HDMI 1/2/3/4 or VGA) and also press the FN key (bottom left of the KB between Control and Windows symbol keys) and F8 (most laptops it is F8) or whatever key switches to external screen on your laptop. :)

Reaction score
As Wolfie says. I use a very old laptop, which has a broken screen, dedicated to that function. So I use the screen of the (unused) TV - Only for playing with (Linux etc...)

Reaction score
I have a Vizio smart TV.

MS Store also has FREE apps that help with laptops to connect to SmartTV if you add the Allow Connect to you SmartTV menu.
I use AllConnect with my Roku, also like Emby Server - and lots of FREE Live TV

Reaction score
I have a Vizio smart TV.

Try using a HDMI connection.

Reaction score
How about simpy connecting the two with appropriate cable, say a VGA or an HDMI. I do. In fact I have set it such that when the "external monitor" is detected by Win 10 it powers off the laptop's screen saving on battery power.

Reaction score
I have successfully used an HDMI cable between my laptop (Win10 Pro OS) and TV set to display my laptop files. Most recent success for me is using the Bluetooth connection between my laptop and Roku Ultra unit. Again, anything that I can bring up on my laptop is displayed on the TV and this method is much less messy than using the cable.

Reaction score
Your TV should be able to receive video from your laptop over direct WiFi, assuming your laptop supports it. Make sure media casting is enabled on your TV. Go to Display in Windows Settings and click on Project this screen. If your laptop doesn't support direct WiFi, the option will not be available. It should search for available devices and if all is enabled and supported, your Visio TV should appear. Select it. You may need to confirm using your TV remote.

I don't have a Visio TV, so this is just a generic explanation. Hopefully it's clear enough. Good luck!

Bruce

I have a Vizio smart TV.

Reaction score
I have successfully used an HDMI cable between my laptop (Win10 Pro OS) and TV set to display my laptop files. Most recent success for me is using the Bluetooth connection between my laptop and Roku Ultra unit. Again, anything that I can bring up on my laptop is displayed on the TV and this method is much less messy than using the cable.
This would work provided the Bluetooth bandwidth suffices. In fact what I have experienced with direct cable connection is that I even manage to get distortion free higher resolution on the 1080P TV than what is supported by the laptop screen.

Reaction score
Most TV's nowadays do not have a VGA-port anymore, not even a component input. However, if your Laptop does not have HDMI by chance, there is an option to get an VGA to HDMI converter like this one:

Reaction score
My TV is dumb.
I usually use an HDMI cable to my AV receiver but I can also cast to a Roku stick and I have the actual Microsoft receiver as well that works well enough.

Reaction score
Most TV's nowadays do not have a VGA-port anymore, not even a component input. However, if your Laptop does not have HDMI by chance, there is an option to get an VGA to HDMI converter like this one:
Look for the same on AliExpress. You will get it for less then half the price, delivered to your place.

Ask a Question