How do I stop windows trying to update printer ( HP 7520) which it tries to do each day and fails.

Reaction score
I also think because of this I cant get the Nov update of Windows 10 to the new version

Reaction score
My printer works correctly- my drivers don't need changing or updating! So how do I stop Windows 10 trying daily to update them and failing?. At the same time although when I check for updates I sometimes see the new major win 10 update , ( from November) because it tries and cant update the printer, then it ignores the major windows update! The article referred to above does not seem to relate to my specific question

Reaction score
My printer works correctly- my drivers don't need changing or updating! So how do I stop Windows 10 trying daily to update them and failing?. At the same time although when I check for updates I sometimes see the new major win 10 update , ( from November) because it tries and cant update the printer, then it ignores the major windows update! The article referred to above does not seem to relate to my specific question
In settings, type in driver , a drop down will appear - choose Change device installation settings - click the no box in the next small window - That is the only way I can see, -but then I tend to update my own.

Reaction score
I have a 7520. Mine is on Wifi. My main PC which was updated from W7 to W10 10240 to W10 1511 to W10 1607 has never had a problem. BUT it shows the printer as a 7520 and as HP0AEF34 the latter being a device ID generated by the printer when Airprint is set up. I also have the HP AIO app from the store. All is good.

My Insider machine went through a months long phase where Windows tried to download and install two drivers for null print and null fax for the printer. tried every day, never succeeded and the printer still works. Lately the Insider builds find and install the printer and keep notifying me that 'Device Installation is not complete' and wanting me to install the HP software. I have HP AIO installed on that PC and the printer still works.

I agree with Jim above. If it was really annoying I would try the MS app to hide updates from Trouble's link. Or even remove ALL HP software from the pc...every bit...even the "shop for supplies" rubbish and then, after a reboot see if Windows update works. As a last resort, download the full package from HP and re-install....which may not help.

Reaction score
The ´thread is a little old, but Jim Hooley's suggestion has always worked for me?

Ask a Question