How do I upate 9926 to 10041

Reaction score
I just installed the preview for the first time. It's taken me a bit of time to get used to 10 after using 7 for so long. I see that build 10041 is available. I can't figure out how to do the update properly. I tried using Settings > Update & Recovery > Check for updates but that did not do the 10041 build. I then tried Settings > Advanced Options > Choose how preview builds are installed and selected fast. The build number in the lower right corner of the desktop is still showing 9926.

How do I do the update from 9926 to 10041 without downloading a whole new ISO and reinstalling from the ground up?

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I did not think to check for updates again after setting the fast mode. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Now I am having another problem and I want to see if anyone else is having this problem. I need to change the IP address on my Windows 10 computer (10041). When going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections and then right clicking on the network adapter and clicking Properties I get a "An unexpected error occurred". Anyone else getting this error?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone else getting this error?
Yes.
I have two different computers running the latest 10041 build.
The one that I installed as an upgrade from 9926 exhibits this problem.
The other one that I performed a clean install using the ISO does not.

Reaction score
I have not been using 10 long enough to know, does a downloaded ISO (such as 120041) do a update of a current build (i.e. 9926) that might fix the problem or is a full reinstall required when using a new ISO?

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem, I thought maybe I might have some sort of hardware problem.

Reaction score
Upgrades/updates are known to cause issues. If you are fortunate not to get issues when updating, that is great. Unfortunately you didn't update without issues. This means you will likely need to do a clean install to get rid of the issue. A clean install would most certainly be the easiest solution, rather than bumble around for days or weeks (if not longer) looking for a fix.

Ask a Question