Can't update to 9926

Reaction score
I am currently running build 9879 and all is working for the most part. but I am unable to update to a newer build. I tried windows update no go, then I went to pc settings update and recovery no go. then I tried to install from the download and it hung on 36% for about 6 hours and then canceled. So I am still on build 9879. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank You in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just a casual observation and my personal opinion but when dealing with these Preview Builds, for the most part you are better off backing up any and all critical data (assuming you have anything like that on a preview build) and performing a clean install by burning the ISO, which you can obtain here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
And thereby sparing yourself some grief.
Again just my opinion.

Reaction score
I am currently running build 9879 and all is working for the most part. but I am unable to update to a newer build. I tried windows update no go, then I went to pc settings update and recovery no go. then I tried to install from the download and it hung on 36% for about 6 hours and then canceled. So I am still on build 9879. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank You in advance.

I gave you a reply in the other forum. Since this is a different forum, I'll repeat what I said......

Go to Windows Update > Check for updates > you need KB3025380 installed.
Hope this helps.

KB3025380.jpg

Reaction score
I did a fresh clean install 9926 from 9879 from iso file on DVD. it installed just fine, but boy was it unstable a lot more unstable then 9879. so I uninstalled it and reinstalled win 8.1. I will try to install in Hyper V. Thanks for the replies.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I will try to install in Hyper V.
Sounds like a plan.
A virtual environment is a good place to play with these builds as they role out. Especially if you're having stability issues with your current hardware configuration.

Care to share a bit, as to what some of the "stability" issues might have been?
Were they lockups and freezing, Blue Screens, hardware driver issues with internal or peripheral devices?
OR
Software related to some programs installing or running badly.

Reaction score
that take ages to upgrade. I turn the VM off and reinstall.
and now it's the same. stuck at preparing since hours :mad:
aahh windows....:rolleyes:

Ask a Question