How to Change Resolution

How to Change Resolution

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

How to Change Resolution - Tutorial on how to change the screen resolution in Windows 10

Most of the time, Windows 10 will automatically detect the optimal resolution for your monitor(s) - so there's no need to change it. However, if you want to manually adjust this or find that the auto-detection doesn't work correctly, you can do it by following these simple steps.

First, right click the desktop and select Display Settings:

Then scroll down and click Advanced Display Settings:

Read more about this article...

DWS

Reaction score
Ian that does not work as win 10 has fixed my resolution and does not offer me any options to change in fact i am effectively LOCKED OUT.Why is that? thats not how it should be as I should be in control of my own computer settings not Microsoft.?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi DWS, if no alternate resolutions are available, the first thing I'd check is that you have the latest display drivers installed. Do you have a model number for your computer and I'll see if I can find a link for you :).

DWS

Reaction score
hi Ian thx for your suggestion. I would like to say that prior to the last win 10 update i had ALL display options available and now i dont. Now Im a kinda logic based thinking person so that tells me the update CAUSED me to lose my display drivers and would love to know why this happened? surely an update is designed to PUT things right not cause random new issues or is that wishful thinking? either way i have reinstalled my drivers as you suggested thankyou for that....BUT did not solve my issue as still cant change the resolution. This tells me that win 10 cant run any of my other resolutions from my drivers.So im guessing logically that SAMSUNG drivers are NOT compatible with WIN 10.. Seems a lot of issues on here are down to incompatibility with the new win 10 OS software.... have a feeling its only going to get worse and that cannot be good news. can it? Btw am open to any new ideas on how to solve this other than contacting SAMSUNG for there comments.

Reaction score
habitually some old video card have this probleme and relatively new pass without any problem :)

maybe not the case here

DWS

Reaction score
You are absolutely right Dennis BUT i have a new updated video card and it is continually kept updated.This issue somehow seems to be the way win 10 inteprets the video software.It is locked and I cannot change it no matter what I do.

Ask a Question