How to give PERMANENT permission to delete ?

Reaction score
Every week I back up the contents of QuickLaunch; so every week, I replace last week's backup - by deleting the contents, and then replacing them with a fresh copy of the QuickLaunch contents. At every deletion I am queried 'do I really want to do this ?' and desktop.ini is mentioned. Is there a way I can give permission once and for all ? I have already ticked 'Hide protected operating system files' and that seemed to fix the problem, but it did not.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I haven't a need for a permanent solution but you might read this tutorial on another forum:

With all my looking around the Windows OS, I don't recall noticing that check box for confirmation before. You learn something new every day :) — nice one @Bighorn

Reaction score
That is a sledgehammer way to crack a nut - but I expect it will do the job.
Yeah, but there is another way to do deletions I never tell my clients about to help keep them out of trouble and that is to hold down the Shift key while clicking on Delete or pressing the Del key, bypasses the Recycle Bin but still get the prompt about permanently deleting the file.

Ask a Question