How to i find external hard drive on Windows 10?

Reaction score
1. connect your external hard drive to the computer.
2. at the task bar, click the File Explorer icon..............
file explorer icon.jpg

3. at the file explorer window, click This PC.
Your ext. hhd will be shown on the right side. Something like this.......

ext.hdd.jpg

Reaction score
Adding a little. I seem to have had this happening throughout the builds. I normally leave my Ext connected. I found that , after an update/install of a new Windows 10 build, it was necessary to unplug the Ext and plug it in again. Then all was well. I understand, from the pundits, that it has to reidentify the USB connection again.

Reaction score
Adding a little. I seem to have had this happening throughout the builds. I normally leave my Ext connected. I found that , after an update/install of a new Windows 10 build, it was necessary to unplug the Ext and plug it in again. Then all was well. I understand, from the pundits, that it has to reidentify the USB connection again.
davehc: thank you very much for this useful information. Your help has freed me up. Again, thanks!

Reaction score
I'm not seeing devices. Here's what I'm seeing:

Attachments

• computer pic.png
    computer pic.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 163
Reaction score
A 5-year-old post?

Looking at your posted image suggests going up the list on the left to This PC and clicking once on it to get the devices listed in the right panel. The Windows C: is your main drive.

Last edited:

Ask a Question