How to replace START-list "Recently Added" and the full list with a small own linked programs list?

Reaction score
When I click on the START symbol in the lower left corner then in the second column a list of recently added and below ALL installed programs appear.

How can I get rid of these lists and replace them by a few own program links?

Is it required to install a full new, external START menu utility or can I somehow minimal invasive adjust the built-in START menu?

Is it aleats possible to get rid of the "recently added" top list?

Reaction score
If I understand, certainly.

Settings - personalisation - Start. A few things you can eliminate there.

Not sure what it is you are thinking of with " replace them by a few own program links" But maybe there also.

Reaction score
You can attach all those programs you use to the start menu to the right of the list on windows 10. I don't know how to removed them from the list to the left without uninstalling them. If I want to use a program I rarely use I hit start and start typing the name. If you want the control panel you can hit start and type in con and it should appear at or near the top of the list. I have the control panel on my desktop and I have GOD MODE folder there, I rarely use the God mode, but I thought it was fun to make. you can google it for the easy instructions.

Reaction score
When I click on the START symbol in the lower left corner then in the second column a list of recently added and below ALL installed programs appear.

How can I get rid of these lists and replace them by a few own program links?

Is it required to install a full new, external START menu utility or can I somehow minimal invasive adjust the built-in START menu?

Is it aleats possible to get rid of the "recently added" top list?
I've eliminated the default program links from the Start menu and added my own links to the programs I use most often.

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
I think I have done what you are asking. See picture. I put folders starting with numbers in
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, and then manually copied start menu links (the ones automatically added to the long alphabetical list when you install a program) from their tedious to access location to my shortcut folders. It's very speedy now to access the programs I use a lot every day. I started this in Windows 7 before the graphical start menu option was available.

StartMenu.jpg

Ask a Question