How to stop 1 hour of work, break? notifications.

Reaction score
Hello all
Every hour a notification pops up in a small black box "x hour of work, break?"
How can I disable this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Pete, welcome to the forums!

I've never seen this notification before, it sounds like it's a 3rd party script running. If you take a look at your Startup Apps, is there anything relating to this in there?:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/manage-startup-programs.1/

If that doesn't work, try taking a look in task manager when the notification appears and see if you can track down the application name in the processes tab, then let us know.

Reaction score
Hi Pete,

Are you talking about 'Timer' tab from 'Alarms & Clock'?
I found it in Task Manager>App History> Alarms & clock> Timer.

Reaction score
Hi, Looking at this thread I see it is pretty old. However, I wondered if you got a solution to your question? I too have the same experience and I recall setting the "break" reminder in Windows but cannot remember where it is.

Reaction score
I don't recall having seen the thread but do recall years ago there was a program, maybe two or more, that dealt with using a computer and during its training process prompting the users when to take a break, can't remember the name [too many years have passed].

Reaction score
I thought it would be a useful tool but now it is just irritating. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to turn it off.

Reaction score
OK, I have resolved this. It has nothing to do with Windows 10 and everything to do with the built-in menu on the monitor being used. I have an AOC monitor and if you single press the power button a menu pops up. Head to "OSD Setup" and scroll to "Break Reminder" then select <Off>.

Reaction score
I thought it would be a useful tool but now it is just irritating. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to turn it off.
Just bought this AOC monitor 2nd hand, not a bad monitor at all but man does it have a bunch of seeming useless features. The monitor settings interface leaves a lot to be desired as well. Thanks to everyone on this thread, I can't believe I found a solution so quickly.

Ask a Question