How to stop Windows 10 download

Reaction score
I installed windows 10 from a DVD on to my computer and tried it for a week, the pre-installation check said that my PC was compatible and that there were no software issues. I had nothing but issues trying to get it working properly, I installed all the latest updates that were available but that didn't seem to make any difference. My experience, this is the crappiest windows ever.

I reformatted my hard drive and re installed a clean copy of windows 7 and had my computer working normally again. This is where the big problems started, windows 10 is trying to download and install itself on my computer again. As soon as I go online windows 10 starts to download, I can't stop it, the only way I can stop it is to disconnect my computer from the internet.

I have tried to contact Microsoft on many occasions but as soon as I ask them how I can stop the windows 10 download they keep hanging up on me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop windows 10 from downloading itself onto my computer?

Reaction score
First and foremost, make sure your Windows Update is set at Manual.
Then go to Windows Update > open View update history (or words in that nature ) > scroll down to find KB3035583.
Right click at it > click Uninstall.
Next time it reappears and it will reappear, right click at it > click Hide. That will stop it from appearing again.
Have a look at this article.................
*** The title is misleading. Please read on. There are 4 scenarios in the article.***
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/...rade-installing-after-making-your-reservation

Reaction score
Sorry there is nothing in Step 1-3 that allows one to stop the darn thing from continuously downloading over and over into a brand new $Windows.~BT folder. Nothing. I have the kb3035583 uninstalled and hidden, but for hiding Win 10 there is no such update called Win 10 in the list of 27 updates and 9 optionals. But I assure that as I am typing this a brand new $Windows.~BT folder is downloading.

Will someone please discover what triggers this? I must have used the disk cleanup tool to dump this folder for 12 times now - I DO NOT WANT THE SPYWARE WIN 10.

Attachments

• TRI8FBD.jpg
    TRI8FBD.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 497

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have downloaded and used this small zip file called
Windows10BlockerHider.zip
It's a two step batch file process that reboots your machine after each Step
Step 1 BlockRemoveWindows10
Step 2 HideUpdatesFromReinstalling.
Worked beautifully for me on a couple client machines who didn't want it.
Download link is in this article
https://www.weavweb.net/2015/06/13/...-10-icon-shown-in-the-notification-area-tray/
About halfway down the page.

NOTICE: It takes a while for each step to complete, so please just let it run.

Reaction score
I have deleted the KB3035583 update from my computer, turned off updates then rebooted the computer. Twenty minutes after restarting the computer windows 10 started downloading again. I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled my windows 7. First up I made sure updates were turned off then went online to activate my windows 7, everything seemed to be working fine then after about 15 minutes I noticed that it was downloading an update (I had update turned off) and sure enough it was windows 10 downloading again. I made the decision to dump windows completely and I am off to buy an Apple computer in the next few days...... problem solved......

Reaction score
I have contacted windows tech help a number of times but as soon as you tell them you want to stop windows 10 from downloading, they just hang up on you, tried a few times, same every time.

Reaction score
I have deleted the KB3035583 update from my computer, turned off updates then rebooted the computer. Twenty minutes after restarting the computer windows 10 started downloading again. I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled my windows 7. First up I made sure updates were turned off then went online to activate my windows 7, everything seemed to be working fine then after about 15 minutes I noticed that it was downloading an update (I had update turned off) and sure enough it was windows 10 downloading again. I made the decision to dump windows completely and I am off to buy an Apple computer in the next few days...... problem solved......
Unfortunately that is not an option for me. This is a little netbook that came with Win 8 (later updated to 8.1) and I have no disk. It appears I either have to take Win 10, dump Win and load up Ubuntu, or throw it in the trash.

Reaction score
I have downloaded and used this small zip file called
Windows10BlockerHider.zip
It's a two step batch file process that reboots your machine after each Step
Step 1 BlockRemoveWindows10
Step 2 HideUpdatesFromReinstalling.
Worked beautifully for me on a couple client machines who didn't want it.
Download link is in this article
https://www.weavweb.net/2015/06/13/...-10-icon-shown-in-the-notification-area-tray/
About halfway down the page.

NOTICE: It takes a while for each step to complete, so please just let it run.
I ran the Windows10BlockerHider.zip TWICE just to make sure and the WIN 10 is one persistent hog. It will not go away for anything. There are 27 other updates that I would like to take but I am just going to continue using this machine with updates turned off and take my chances. If it get hacked then I will just throw it away. MS is a real piece of work these days. Here it is agina

Attachments

• TRI1275.jpg
    TRI1275.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 476

Ask a Question