How to take a Screenshot

How to take a Screenshot

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

How to take a Screenshot - A tutorial showing various methods of taking screenshots in Windows 10

There are many occasions where it would be helpful to take a picture of whatever appears on your monitor, either to post on a help forum like this one to illustrate a problem - or perhaps to save important information from an application or website.

Thankfully, there are lots of ways to do this. The "Print Screen" button is a long standing method, however using the Windows 10 snipping tool is often a far easier solution (and one we would recommend).

Print Screen Button:

It is...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
I use the snipping tool to snip items for upload to the forum. These snips can be uploaded in their entirety or re-sized in Paint to suit. I have found that for convenience I prefer the snipping tool to be pinned to the task bar.

Last edited:

Iti

Reaction score
Alt+ PrtScn doesnt work at all for me when in a game screen, only way it works is to do a shift PrtScn and save that in a graphics app.

Reaction score
I use the Winkey/print scrn combination. This, without any interaction, places the picture in C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots.
Not the most comprehensive picture manipulator, but , for convenience, I have "Paint" on the taskbar, in order to make a quick edit.

Reaction score
I recently discovered the usefulness of the Snipping Tool. On my Taskbar now, it's very easy to "Snip' a rectangular portion of the screen. When the Disk icon is selected, a screen comes up where you can name it and place it any way you want. I have harvested some screen savers this way.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
On some laptops/computers you have to click and hold FN+PRTSC

Reaction score
Once you have clicked on Printscreen the screen shot is saved to the clipboard. Go to Paint and click on Clipboard in the upper left and then click paste, click paste again, then save it to any folder after naming it. You can of course modify the screenshot prior to saving.

Last edited:

Ask a Question