SOLVED Screenshot Hot key

Reaction score
Is there a hot key to take a full screen shot of whatever is on the screen and put it into the photos section? I don't want it to go to the clip board.

Reaction score
This is what I have done.
I us win key + Prntscrn. This places the snap in a folder called screenshots.

Locate this folder. It should be in users/yourname/Mypictures, or in a subfolder in users/myname/pictures

Right click the folder and select "Properties". Click the "location" tab. This will give you the option of choosing where to store your screen shots.

Reaction score
Perfect!

upload_2015-12-29_8-58-42.png

Reaction score
Of course, you could also use the Snipping tool to take screen shots or any part of the screen as well as other options. I just pin it to the task bar and use it frequently. Snips are saved to Pictures.
The snipping tool can be found in All Apps/Windows Accessories. Right click/More to pin to task bar. Here is a sample;

jjj.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think the snipping tool saves anywhere by default? You need to select a folder (anywhere you choose)
It also needs a couple or so clicks to take a snip. The OP, as I understood it, was looking for something which would give him more of a default operation.

Ask a Question