SOLVED how to uninstall iomega encryption software?

Reaction score
Its installed, but does not show up under installed programs.

Its located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Iomega\Iomega Encryption.

Can I just delete that folder?

Bif

Reaction score
Try Ccleaner as it has an uninstaller built in which I have used successfully when running into problems like your own.No guarantee's that it will show up in the Ccleaner list though,and if not you may very well need to check and see if the vendor of the product has an uninstaller OR install it again and see if at least you get it to install with it showing up in programs and if so,you will be able to delete it then.
Answer to your question about deleting the folder,NO..as there will be files strewn all over aside from just that folder and it will complicate uninstalling it later if you can.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Reaction score
I ran the installer again and it contained a 'remove' option. Which worked well.

Mystery remains how an app can be installed in windows without it showing in de list of installed apps. I find that worrying.

thanks

Reaction score
For anyone that installed this but do not have access to the original drive or installation file;

On my Windows 10, windows made a copy of the installation file in the location:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations\{D9579EB0-2655-4554-ACAE-F0152A003993}\Iomega Encryption.msi

This GUID at the end may be different for you, so you may need to manualy look through the folders to find the one that is named: Iomega Encryption.msi

Ask a Question