HP 15 Notebook Screen "Blinks" Twice then Goes to Login Screen

Reaction score
While working on the computer, including actively typing, the screen will "blink" black for at least a full second, then come back to wherever I was before. Then a few seconds later, it blinks again and the password screen appears.

The machine is well-ventilated and it not doing any processor-intensive gaming stuff.

It is similar to a screensaver re-login. Pressing enter after the password returns me to the same place almost instantly.

This has continued even after I have done at least two each, virus scan (Avast), malware scan (Malware Bytes), and spyware scan (SuperAntiSpyware).

There's also plente of gigs of space left on the hard drive, 8 gigs of RAM, and Task Manager says there's still unused memory and the processor is somewhere less than 80% occupied.

So what gives????

Thanks!

Reaction score
While working on the computer, including actively typing, the screen will "blink" black for at least a full second, then come back to wherever I was before. Then a few seconds later, it blinks again and the password screen appears.

The machine is well-ventilated and it not doing any processor-intensive gaming stuff.

It is similar to a screensaver re-login. Pressing enter after the password returns me to the same place almost instantly.

This has continued even after I have done at least two each, virus scan (Avast), malware scan (Malware Bytes), and spyware scan (SuperAntiSpyware).

There's also plente of gigs of space left on the hard drive, 8 gigs of RAM, and Task Manager says there's still unused memory and the processor is somewhere less than 80% occupied.

So what gives????

Thanks!

Ask a Question