Cannot install HP LaserJet 1010 on my HP Pavillion dv6 Notebook now that I downloaded Windows 10 !

POC

Reaction score
I cannot install HP LaserJet 1010 on my HP Pavillion dv6 Notebook now that I downloaded Windows 10 !
I have not found any driver download compatible with Windows 10 that makes this printer works!! :-(
Printer is detected and printer Test Page is printed when requested manually.....but Printer keeps giving error when prompted to print some document !!
I tried to install printer by its CD... but nothing works.
Tried accessing HP Universal Print Driver for WindowsPCL5 (64-bit) v5.9.018326) as someone suggested cause it worked for him...but I keep getting Page not Found error !!!
Can someone help please? :-(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help but you can try.
Use Internet Explorer, the site seems to only want to work with that browser and go here
https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=hp laserjet 1010
Try the top driver in that list version 7.0.0..29 last updated 3/10/2015 see if that works

You may want to, in advance, make sure that you have removed any previous attempts at installing the printer from the printers folder, device manager and any associated software packages that might have been produced by your having previously used the CD that came with the product.

Reaction score
I agree with that person , + Microsoft will get to some of your perefel Iteams, as I have Microsoft 3000 camera , & be leave it or that they will not make it a , as to age . Which , I fully understand . You look at most computers , that have been made in the 2 years, + or minus , you will not find a PHONE PORT , think about it . I Build computers ,in three years ,we have 3.0 USB , and now looking at ram in DDR 4 . I have a camera on a HP G60-535DX with INTELL CHIPS, & it take some time to ge ALL DRIVERS . I WANT to Thank for there Support to MICROSOFT, it a lot, BIG Time !

Reaction score
Amazing that the catalog website does not work with Edge.

I completely agree that one must remove ALL vestiges of an unsuccessful HP printer install before trying again!

Ask a Question