After installing KB4058043, I cannot "see" my workgroup

Reaction score
It could be a coincidence, however after rebooting for the Windows 10 update (KB4058043), I cannot access my workgroup. I'm the DBA and the computers are in front of me: Mac 27" and a Linux server. All were working earlier. I do have Kaspersky running (reinstalled just in case) and I now get this error:

[see upload]

I have removed Kaspersky as well as turning it off. Still get the error.

Suggestions...

Todd

Attachments

• Update_problem_2.png
    Update_problem_2.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 692
Reaction score
I would check the Security settings on your shares, WU sometimes will change them

Reaction score
When I run ipconfig, I get the message that Ethernet 2 has it's media disconnected. All cables are in and working (otherwise I could not be sending this message). Not sure how "to connect media". And this happened after the Windows 10 update.

Todd

Attachments

• Update_problem_4.png
    Update_problem_4.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 611
Reaction score
Again these problems are usually do to the update changing networking setting. Check your shares and Security setting on all your clients
Check your network setting on the unit your working from All settings/ Network & Internet/Sharing Options.
You don't mention how your network it set up I assume P2P and your sharing to "Authenticated Users" and your Security Setting for each share is also set to "Authenticated Users"
Windows 10 does not like us using P2P networks the OS thinks we are stupid and should use the Home group. Home Group is very limited sharing so we have to fight with windows 10 to make P2P work for us

Reaction score
This has been a learning experience for me, however I have been able to use the file explorer and connect to the two computers on my LAN:

192.168.1.22 my server on it's fixed IP
192.168.1.11 Mac computer on it's DHCP IP
192.168.1.16 The IP for my Windows computer

Took me awhile to figure out the passwords.

The problem appears to be the fact that the Kaspersky Ethernet (#2) cannot be made. This is outside my expertise.

Reaction score
Sounds like your going about it all wrong check out how to set up a Peer to Peer workgroup network
Or use the built in home group in wndows 10 a google search will find a tutorial easy to follow to guide you into it. I am sorry I can't help with that as I don't use it and have it disable on all my computers

Ask a Question