HP 24-g020 touchscreen no longer works

Reaction score
The touchscreen my HP 24-g020 Touch stopped working awhile back. It didn't bother me at first since I never use it but now I want it back.

On the about Windows 10 page it claims that this monitor doesn't support pen and touch which is wrong.

Under device manager the HID-compliant touch option isn't present under Huma Interface Devices.

I've tried the built in troubleshooter and that didn't fix it.

I'm not sure which items to download from the HP website. I don't wanna screw anything up by downloading the wrong items.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Isn't that what the HP Support Assistant utility is for?
It's suppose to connect to the HP servers, identify your machine and acquire driver updates as needed.

Reaction score
The HP assistant is giving me steps to troubleshot the touch display but the instructions don't match up with my PC. I'm using Windows 10 version 1703 but the instructions it's giving aren't matching up with what's on my screen. It says go to "Tablet PC Setting" but I can only find "Table Mode Settings" in the task search bar. The assistant says there should then be a display tab with a set up tab, but I don't have any of those options in the "Table Mode Settings".

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was under the impression that there was another piece to the HP Support Assistant utility other than the troubleshooter, which included a means to connect to HP download servers to acquire the appropriate software packages / drivers that the computer required to operate properly.
The touchscreen my HP 24-g020 Touch stopped working awhile back.
How long ago is "awhile back"?
Did it ever work with Windows 10?
I suppose it's possible that a recent update or Windows 10 itself, installed something (driver package) which resulted it the problem.
IF you no the "when" then it's possible that a System Restore point prior to that time might get it going again.

Reaction score
I purchased this PC 1 year and a month ago I believe. It was running Windows 10 out of the box. There was a big Windows update a few months or so after I purchased it. It may have been a Windows anniversary update? After that the touch screen was gone and I no longer had the ability to drag and drop photos.

I've looked all through the HP Support Assistant and can't find anything else to fix the problem. I see drivers listed on their website like ILITEK Touchscreen Firmware download but I have no idea if that's what I need.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html
Improve the performance and reliability of your PCs and printers with automatic firmware and driver updates
HPSA.png

Reaction score
It says Windows Home Version 1703 in the settings in the about tab. It also says that "No pen or touch ability is available for this display". Which is wrong because it was one of the main features when I bought it last summer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you enter the System Setup utility (BIOS), usually on HP by pressing F10 on your keyboard during boot or by pressing Esc key on your keyboard and then selecting it from the list.....
Does the Touchscreen work in the BIOS utility?

Are you able to perform a Touchscreen component test as describe here
https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03488148
As described under the section labeled
"Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently"
"Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics"

Last edited:

Ask a Question