HP All-In-One Questions ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Considering those HP all-in-one Desktop pc's.
Is HP rep these days pretty much the same as the other major brands ?

Like has been pointed out, has HP with this style, more or less, figured out
how to manage the heat dissipation aspects, which I'm sure must present a good technical
challenge ?

My iMac is like this, and seems to work fine.

a. Any pros and cons for this HP design that you folks have determined ?

AND- Some, or most, seem to come with a touch screen.

b. Why would anyone want a touch screen for a good sized desktop ? What am I, as usual, missing ?

c. Will they work with a typical Mouse also ? Is it a case of Either/Or ?
Or, simultaneous/both at the same time is O.K. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
a. I set one up the other day and it seems fine, the lady loves it. Of note is the All-in-One is more like a Notebook/Laptop than a traditional Desktop, had a separate power supply/AC adapter similar to that of a Notebook.

b. Touchscreens were a big thing with Windows 8 which users weren't really ready for. Most issues with a desktop monitor will be the reach needed, some folks' eyes may not cooperate in that.

c. Yes, they work with USB mice and keyboards both wired and wireless. They may be more limited in the number of USB ports so a good self-powered Hub with 4 or more ports would be handy.

Note: like Notebooks they are not much customizable on the hardware side, limited room in the case.

Reaction score
My wifes Hp 120 envy all in one has kept her happy for the last 4 years or so, it still has 8.1 on it, she does use the touchscreen at times. Her's only has a Core 3 CPU and I -put a 500gb Samsung 850 EVO I didn't notice a dedicated graphics card when I had it apart I've taken it apart twice to clean out dust had basically there hasn't been any build up and no fan what so ever? Hers came with wireless keyboard and mouse has 4 USB 2.0 ports on the back and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the right edge

Ask a Question