SOLVED HP Pavilion Power Switch

Reaction score
Well, I love my new Hp Pavilion Desktop TPO1-0xxx, Product # 6XQ50AA#ABA... Ser. # 2M00383BCG. EXCEPT the power switch is already acting funky. (Failing occasionally) I contacted HP and was advised to send it to HP service center for free repair. I received shipping label and box to ship for repair, all free. Trouble is, The repair center seems to be not very favorable. All this is to say, I want to order the switch and install it myself. What I would very much is suggestions as where to purchase the switch. Any advice will be greatly be appreciated...Thanks...Jim

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I can really only suggest eBay or Amazon or something similar!. ;)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Since this is an OEM, I would buy it directly from HP or a supplier that can get OEM parts.

Reaction score
Since this is an OEM, I would buy it directly from HP or a supplier that can get OEM parts.
Thanks for your reply...I have been trying for two hours to buy from HP with no luck. Can`t contact them except by web and guess work.. Thanks...Jim

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have a suggestion if you can't find a power switch. An after market case. Then just move everything from the HP to the new case. The only thing you would need to make sure of is the mobo pin layout. As OEM sometimes have a different pin layout. It made a difference decades ago but I'm not sure that still holds today.

Reaction score
I have a suggestion if you can't find a power switch. An after market case. Then just move everything from the HP to the new case. The only thing you would need to make sure of is the mobo pin layout. As OEM sometimes have a different pin layout. It made a difference decades ago but I'm not sure that still holds today.
Thank you......

Reaction score
Reaction score
Afaik, HP have their own specs for their boards (proprietary) and they won't fit in an after market PC case?.

Jim, check the form factor of the mobo and see if it is indeed a normal ATX/Mini ATX or ITX format that will fit in a normal case!.

Is this your model ? (look at page 8 for the mobo layout). :)

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)
Yes, I think this is my model....I am on the trail to a modification switch. It seems to be only a momentary switch. Thanks so much for your help....Jim

Reaction score
Yes, I think this is my model....I am on the trail to a modification switch. It seems to be only a momentary switch. Thanks so much for your help....Jim
Right, the ATX style motherboards use a momentary switch connected to the motherboard, the older AT boards had the switch wired directly to the power supply.

Ask a Question