HP Pavilion killed by Win 10

Reaction score
My HP used to have Windows 7 but since installing Win 10 I have had every problem possible.
Now the monitor is not being recognised by the pc anymore and so I have no idea what to do as I cannot see anything.

Is there some way of getting around this? I only have 1 screen,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you advise as to the specific Pavilion Model Number? Over the years there have been hundreds of different pavilions, both laptops and desktops.
There should be an extended model number and or part number that will make it distinct from all the rest.
Have you examined the connection / connectors (both ends) of the interface cable between your monitor and your computer?
When you start your computer do you ever see anything on the screen at all.... HP splash screen, BIOS information in black and white perhaps?

Reaction score
Can you advise as to the specific Pavilion Model Number? Over the years there have been hundreds of different pavilions, both laptops and desktops.
There should be an extended model number and or part number that will make it distinct from all the rest.
Have you examined the connection / connectors (both ends) of the interface cable between your monitor and your computer?
When you start your computer do you ever see anything on the screen at all.... HP splash screen, BIOS information in black and white perhaps?
Hi
I have a HP Pavilion P6-2273eg
I get nothing on the screen at all. Not even a flicker.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I get nothing on the screen at all. Not even a flicker.
IF you are not seeing the HP splash screen nor any Power On Self Test information or anything providing info regarding which keys to strike for BIOS (System Setup) or Boot Menu options, then......
You'll need to start troubleshooting, probably starting with the monitor itself.....
With or without the computer on, I would expect to see something on the monitor in the way of an OSD (On Screen Display) if nothing else, informing you of "no signal" or something similar along with some kind of indicator light, usually green or blue and then turning to amber if it is not receiving a signal, so.....
Turn the monitor off and then on and see what you see.
Test the monitor on another computer (if that is an option).
AS I mentioned above examine and confirm that both ends of the interface cable are firmly seated as well as the actual AC power cable which may or may not be built in or a typical quick connect on the monitor end.

Ask a Question