SOLVED Hp windows 10 Keyboard and ease of access not working

Reaction score
Hi. Please the keyboard of hp envy laptop recently just stopped working. I tried using the ease of access option but that isn't responding either. I have tried system restore but I need to input password and the keys aren't responding. The keyboard only works when I tried system diagnostics. And when I press the enter button. Please help. It's a fairly new laptop. Can't seem to understand what the problem is

Reaction score
Right-click the Start icon, select "Device Manager", click "View", "Show hidden devices", expand "Keyboards", right-click the keyboard, select "Update driver", "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Reaction score
Right-click the Start icon, select "Device Manager", click "View", "Show hidden devices", expand "Keyboards", right-click the keyboard, select "Update driver", "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben
The problem is that I can't even log in to do this. I've seen this advise everywhere just wish there was a way I could do it without typing anything because the keyboard isn't inputting anything.

Reaction score
Start the computer and when the Windows logo appears, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this twice and the third time the computer should boot into the recovery environment.

Ben

Reaction score
Your options may be limited without a working keyboard. The first thing I would try is System Restore.

Ben

Reaction score
Yeah. Tried everything but I need a method that doesn't require me entering password. Thanks tho, I appreciate.

Reaction score
Just managed to get in. I don't know how it happened exactly, I just kept pressing the shift + restart. Then I kept clicking on f4 to redirect to safe mode but it didn't. Then I decided to try the ease of access one more time and it worked! So now, please how can I prevent this from happening again? What do I have to install or uninstall?

Reaction score
Just got in. I don't know how it happened exactly, I just kept pressing the shift + restart. Then I kept clicking on f4 to redirect to safe mode but it didn't. Then I decided to try the ease of access one more time and it worked! Now please how do I prevent this from happening again? What do I need to install or uninstall?

Reaction score
Finally fixed it. Apparently it was a virus. I had to transfer personal files and documents to my hard drive, then reset the laptop. It works perfectly fine now. Also had to scan the files on the hard drive and delete the Trojan stuff.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am also facing similar issue like i have uninstall the keyboard drivers and then restarted the laptop. Now when i am trying to open the virtaul keyboard from ease of access....The ease of access seems to be clickable but it is not opening the menus of it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhishesh

Ask a Question