I am having problem with Networks Win10 (1511) when I enable both the Lan and WIreless adapters

Reaction score
HI;
I have a Dell xps8300 64 bit with Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless adapters. Both are working properly under devices using MS drivers.
Problem: when I have both the lan and wireless adapters enabled the Network does not display my PC but does display other PCs on the home net .
If I disable the lan and reboot I then see all network PCs and devices and my PC.
Would be nice to run both....did not have the problem in Win 7'

I am set up for private (home pc) and all other units are on the same WORKGROUP. I am using both MS accounts on the main pc and one laptop and an individual account on another. All accounts are private, with auto discovery enabled.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe try rearranging the adapter priorities
With both enabled, right click the start button and choose Run and in the Run dialog box type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter
From the menu bar select Advance (if menu bar is not shown, tap the Alt key) and choose Advanced Settings
In the top box labeled "Connections:"
Select whichever is second in the list and move it up by using the arrows to the right of the box.
Click OK and reboot.
See if that has any impact on your issue.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.

Ask a Question