I got a message that my download was ready to install but all that happens is the dot spins with a m

Reaction score
I got the message to download windows 10 but all that happens is the dots spin in a circle with the message " working on it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Judy and welcome to the forum.
Best to relax and let it do its' thing for now.
Depending on your internet connection speed and how overwhelmed the Content Delivery Network is in your location in can take some time.

Reaction score
Hello Judy and welcome to the forum.
Best to relax and let it do its' thing for now.
Depending on your internet connection speed and how overwhelmed the Content Delivery Network is in your location in can take some time.
I have got the same problem. I have been seeing the same thing. And you sqay wait, for how long, I'm on my second day like 36 hrs and its still doing it. Any suggestions? I have 100mb internet speed.. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
I guess that would depend on where you are in the upgrade process. If you are still downloading then I would say no, it should be safe to stop it.
If you are at 90% + in the overall installation, then it's up to you how you proceed.
Did you back up all your critical data in advance?
Did you create a system / disk image in preparation for the upgrade?
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

We've seen any number of potential issues with the upgrade process and things that can go wrong, sometimes they are as simple as having a wireless Bluetooth dongle attached, other times it would seem to be more complicated and practically impossible to sort out.

Aborting the upgrade process may result in other problems, from which, you may be one of the lucky ones and simply have to set through a long roll back process or unlucky as in some other instances where folks have had to manually reinstall their previous OS

Reaction score
Waiting is not helpful. It says it is already downloaded and all the user has to do is get an install date. When you click to proceed that's when the circling dots pop up and never stop. It's horrible. I gave up.

Ask a Question