I have a big problem.

Reaction score
Hello. Recently I was instructed to disable some xbox services, i used cmd and powershell and regedit. I don't know why i did it, but i regret it alot. Here is the lists of commands i put in:

get-AppxPackage -AllUsers xbox | Remove-AppxPackage

sc stop XblGameSave
sc stop XboxNetApiSvc
sc stop XboxGipSvc
sc delete XblAuthManager
sc delete XblGameSave
sc delete XboxNetApiSvc
sc delete XboxGipSvc
reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /f
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /disable
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTaskLogon" /disable
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v AllowGameDVR /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

if someone can help me with this it will be much appreciated because all these services dont exist on my pc anymore and ive tried everything. If someone can show me how to fix this so i can play sea of thieves. I can legit pay anyone <3

Reaction score
Hi,

open Settings > Apps > Apps & features and look for the Xbox entries, click on each one with a left mouse click and then on Advanced options, once the new page opens, scroll down to the reset button and reset each Xbox entry. I don't know if this will work but its worth a try. :)

Another option is you have set recovery points, try restoring one of those points to before you made the changes. (Control Panel > System > Recovery). ;)

1596458152026.png

Reaction score
Hello, I had the same problem but to fix the deleted services I used a virtual machine to get the registry file for the services. You can use other computer that runs windows and then just export the services that are deleted. You can find them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
If you need more help text me in Discord SugMadic#1027

Ask a Question