SOLVED I Need System Backup Software

Reaction score
I have a hodge podge of backup software that does a poor job of backing up my computer. I have 2 drives: C is for the OS and all of the programs/apps. The D drive is for any and all information or output I create, so when MS does mess up the C drive I don't lose my work. That being said, it recently happened to my wife's smaller computer with the same C/D setup. Her D drive was intact but it took forever to reinstall and configure everything on the C drive. This leads me to my current quest: I am trying to find a backup program that offers the following:

1. Ability to make full or image system backups with multiple versions kept.
2. Differential follow up backups.
3. Backup to the cloud and locally.
4. Ability to retrieve individual files or folders.
5. Telephone tech support

#5 is important to me. I have been in touch with a number of major backup software providers and you have to email tech support and they take days to reply! Every company I look at, if I can cut through the double talk and technical capabilities way beyond my needs, is missing one or more of my desires. So here I am. If I'm looking for a unicorn, someone tell me. If someone knows of a company that has these features, again, please tell me.
I sincerely appreciate any help you can provide.

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response. I had used Carbonite, Norton, Macrium, Windows and a couple more, none of them providing what I was now looking for. There was not an apples-to-apples column comparison of features between products. But, after many more hours of research on a dozen products I think I have answered my own concerns. Nobody offers phone support, but EaseUS at least offers a chat service where Acronis, the software most seem to put on the same level as EaseUS, does not. In addition, Acronis has taken 2 to 3 days consistently to reply to my emails. My needs apparently are meager compared to the features that a number of the programs have available. I don't want to use an atomic bomb for pest control! EaseUS seems to offer everything I listed above, although it was not readily apparent at first. Sorry to have put this question out there. Evidently, I could have found the answer myself. I say evidently because I could be wrong about all of this and still be going in the wrong direction!! :) I’ll mark this closed and again apologize for taking your time.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I use Aomei. I got it free a decade or so ago. You should check into, or at the very least use the trial version. Which Aomei let's you try the full software package. We'll, at least they did.

Reaction score
Your reply has made me aware of another group of backup software programs. When I researched Aomei I saw NinjaOne. It too looks interesting and lo and behold, they are both here in the USA! Thanks for the input. I'll continue to check them both out. Any other similar programs?

Reaction score
Of all of the reviews I read these 2 were never mentioned. Why do you suppose they were omitted?

Reaction score
Your reply has made me aware of another group of backup software programs. When I researched Aomei I saw NinjaOne. It too looks interesting and lo and behold, they are both here in the USA! Thanks for the input. I'll continue to check them both out. Any other similar programs?
Another similar programs in the USA, Goodsync and Gs Richcopy 360, both are robust, reliable, full-featured, fast, and easy.
Search the too tools

Reaction score
Thanks. I settled on Aomei. I use the free version for my Surface Pro since most of the things on it are cloud items that are already backed up, so I just make a new image each week. The free version of Aomei no longer offers backup scheduling. For my other 2 computers I purchased their Pro version which offers all the features they have. Right now, they have yearly subscriptions for Pro on sale for $29.95. According to the receipt I received, once you lock the sale price in it appears that it will be your renewal price also. So, for $59.90 I have my 3 computers covered!

Ask a Question