SOLVED I need help diagnosing a "SYSTEMS SOUNDS" ISSUE.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am suddenly developed a issue on my desktop wherein certain programs I use to stream audio (Tidal) switches from the chosen playback devise (a Dante virtual soundcard) to "SYSTEMS SOUNDS".

I cannot find much info on systems sound except for "windows sounds".

I assume the Systems Sound is the factory installed Realtek card. I have disabled it, but when playing back Tidal it still automatically switches to System Sound.

Something that may help in the diagnoses is that the built in tiny microphone, (which I did not know this desktop had) started making sound and it never made a peep before. (since disabling the realtek it stopped, but there is still the switch to system sound).

I have uninstalled and the Tidal software using Revo to make sure there is nothing leftover from the original installation that could be corrupting it.

Nothing else I stream off my PC does this such as you tube etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

I actualy already did most of whats in this support document before I made this post, but I do have sound. The problem is that certain programs switch the audio device to System Sound by themselves. And I do not believe it is the a corrupt program(s).

Part of my suspicion that it is a driver/setting/Windows issue is that the small internal speaker suddenly came to life and it never came on before.

If I could make a short video of my computer monitor of one of the programs that does this in real time and post it to the forum maybe that would be of help.

Reaction score
Hi,

do you have more than one sound card installed?, if so, which one is set to default?. You could disable one of them (you already said you did disable the Realtek card) and see how you go from there. :) By that, I mean see which of the cards works better and leave the problematic one deactivated!. :eek:

Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions!. :(

Reaction score
I called a friend in High End Audio that is heavily involved in PC audio and he said even though it may seem to be Windows related, it is probably more than likely the programs in question.
Therefore I have reached out to Audinate, the software maker of Dante and opened a tech support ticket with Tidal.
Since this now puts the thread out of the bounds of this forum I think I should close the thread.

Reaction score
Good luck, please keep us posted with any links you may have if you solve the problem so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question