IE11 F12 Developer Tools not show properly

Reaction score
Hi.
I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
I have an interesting problem with Internet Explorer 11 and Developer Tools.
If I click on F12 key, Developer Tools show only blank white panel.
I tried uninstalling IE and reinstall it. Unfortunately did not help.
If I tried run Developer Tool from Microsoft Edge browser, it ran properly.
Can you help me?
Clipboard01.jpg

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi i-co,

Normally when you press F12 the Developer Tool opens in its own window.

It's possible you have a third party security software that blocks script scanning? Or maybe some for of add-on / extension that is interfering.

To test this you could open Internet Explorer with add-ons / extensions disabled. To do that:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Run
  • In the Run dialog type iexplore.exe -extoff then click OK
  • This opens IE with ad-ons disabled. Close the alert that pops up at bottom, the in the address bar enter a website to go to, then try press F12 again to see whether it opens properly. If it does, then you could open a normal Internet Explorer, and click Tools > Manage Add-ons and disable all you have then one by one enable them and test whether Developer Tool still works, to figure out which one is causing the issue.

Alternatively you could download Microsoft's Autoruns tool here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Extract the zipped download, then opens Autoruns. Once open, click the Internet Explorer tab, and remove checks next to any non Microsoft Windows add-ons / extensions.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi i-co,

Normally when you press F12 the Developer Tool opens in its own window.

It's possible you have a third party security software that blocks script scanning? Or maybe some for of add-on / extension that is interfering.

To test this you could open Internet Explorer with add-ons / extensions disabled. To do that:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Run
  • In the Run dialog type iexplore.exe -extoff then click OK
  • This opens IE with ad-ons disabled. Close the alert that pops up at bottom, the in the address bar enter a website to go to, then try press F12 again to see whether it opens properly. If it does, then you could open a normal Internet Explorer, and click Tools > Manage Add-ons and disable all you have then one by one enable them and test whether Developer Tool still works, to figure out which one is causing the issue.

Alternatively you could download Microsoft's Autoruns tool here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Extract the zipped download, then opens Autoruns. Once open, click the Internet Explorer tab, and remove checks next to any non Microsoft Windows add-ons / extensions.
Thank you for your interest.
I tried run IE 11 without Add-Ons. IE correctly display allert tab (not add-on), but when I opened new tab and pressed F12 Developer Tool, it still not show properly.
Unfortunately, IE still viewed only white panel.

Best regards
i-co

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi i-co,

That at least helps as we can assume its not a third party extension / add-on that is creating the issue.

I'll have to do a little thinking though on what then may be preventing the Developer Tool to function correctly for you as on system it works fine. If I can figure something out I'll post a new post here later today.

Ask a Question