IE11 "This page cant be displayed"

Reaction score
Started a couple of months ago. Random sites but some more than others. If/when I get this error I can open another instance of IE11, go to the exact same URL and it works.

AMD A8 3850, 8Gb. Was on Windows 7 Home Pro SP1, just upgraded to Windows 10 Home (free) thinking that might fix problem but no. I've posted this in the Win7 forum but also posting here in case anyone can advise why this would remain after upgrade as I presume the Win 10 upgrade would repair/replace any file error or corruptions.

I have Reset IE several times to default, reset router, tried turning Windows Firewall off - nothing.

I have tried adding sites to Compatibility View under Tools - same issue.

I have temporarily disabled AVG Free - same issue

Also noted (by accident by using Back button) that this error appeared occasionally : res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

It's very frustrating as even trying to google for possible causes, or a possible solution then also becomes is a problem - google inevitably works fine but as noted above I can't get to many sites that my google search generated. Even this one failed the first couple of attempts and needed to be opened in a new, second IE11 window.

Any assist appreciated. Cheers

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try flushing your DNS cache and see if that helps.
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and type
ipconfig /flushdns
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter

Reaction score
Hi trouble - thanks for the advice - did that- got confirmation cache was successfully flushed but no change.

AV is up to date and clean but ran a scan anyway - clear. I've also checked same random sites via an Acer Win7 Home Pro SP1 laptop via same router, both wired and wireless - instant connections as normal .Trying exact same sites at the same time on Win10 PC fails so it's got to be local to thePC?

Also tried via Chrome - that does the same thing - fails on Win10AMD box but ok on Acer Win7 SP1.

To reiterate tho - this was happening with Win7 before Win10 upgrade. All Service packs/updates applied .

Reaction score
AVG Free, been running it for some years without issue. Can't check actual install date for Win10 box as most of the apps show install date same as OS update from Win7 to Win10 :/

AMD Win10 box,:

Ver 2015.0.6125 / DB Version 4392/10489 (23 Aug 2015) / Linkscanner version 2721
Installed components: AV/Web/ID/Email

Acer Win7 laptop:

Ver 2012.0.2258 / DB Version 4311/9976 (21 Aug 2015) / Linkscanner version 2721
Installed components AV/Rootkit/Email/ID/Linkscanner

I have already tried temporarily disabling AVG to test if that was causing issue (see first post).

Ask a Question