IE11 Under Windows 10

Reaction score
Did they change something in IE11 with the upgrade to Windows 10? Some of my web pages will not load in Edge so I had to make IE11 the default browser. I do not know what they did with IE 11 but some pages that previously loaded in Windows 8.1 with IE11 now do not load in Windows 10. I have a Zino account where you can read digital magazines such as PC World. Under Windows 8.1 I could read them in IE11. With Windows 10 all I get is a white page when I try to view a magazine. Had to install Chrome to view them. Beginning to think I should have stayed with Windows 8.1. Is there a setting in IE11 that I can change so that I can view these digital magazines in IE11 or is my only alternative to use Chrome?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try compatibility view settings
Open the website in IE and then from the menu bar (if not present, tap the alt key) select Tools -> Compat View Settings and then add
See if that works.
If not then you may have to reset IE to factory.
Close it use internet options in control panel, advanced tab use both the restore advanced setting and the reset button

Reaction score
That is one of the thing I tired and that did not work either. Will try the reset option and see if that works. Did the reset but same result. All you get is a white page. Sometimes the text and page image will appear but the text rapidly disappears and all you have left is the images. Guess I will make Chrome my default browser and forget about IE11. I have used Internet Explorer since Microsoft came out with it but Microsoft just forced me to switch to Chrome.

Last edited:

Ask a Question