I'm a Victim of identify theft

Reaction score
Don't think it was because of my PC practices but looking for suggestions how to scan/protect my PC against keyloggers, etc? Currently win 10 w/defender installed. Our state had a new government unemployment system installed and I think that's the cause it got hacked!

thanks

Reaction score
Honestly there isn't one piece of software that's going to protect anyone 100%. I've always gone with a trusted AV (defender is what I currently use too), scan with the free version of malwarebytes often, and try to use common sense when I'm web browsing or opening email. Those along with good, strong passwords will protect you more than any commercial security or AV suite will.

I worry more about how third parties medical financial, gov't) handle my data. That's scarier than anything I can do.

Reaction score
Here's a update, turns out I'm not alone and looks like the states new system was hacked. I registered one day and a few days later I couldn't log in. Someone stole all my personal information, created a new ID, and had benefits send to another bank 5 states away.

Ask a Question