INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE in Internet Explorer 11 and MS Edge

Reaction score
About December 28 2019 both of of our new Windows 10 laptops starting getting this error on the same day. We get with Internet Explorer 11 and MS Edge.
I feel it has something to do with Windows update, but I can't find it yet. There was an update on 12-10-2019 and Windows Modules install on 12-23-2019 and 12-27-2019.
I have used Google and tried many suggestions with no help at all.
Any ideas?
Joseph
error ie 11.jpg

Regedit32

Reaction score
Is this happening with any webpage you attempt to visit, or is it only happening with a specific webpage, and if so which page?

You mentioned you've tried some things from Google — what things in particular?

Reaction score
We use IE to view our CCTV system. It a Guardian Systems. It uses the IP address of our router. We have no issues viewing our cameras through the router with our smart phone app. As far as what I tried from suggestions from others, there were many and there's no way I can recall them. Yes, I did re-boot the router. There were commands through the 'RUN" window. It appears that this issue has been around for over two years.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You mentioned some recent updates for Windows 10.

You might want to right-click on Start and select Device Manager to check whether you've received an update for your Network adapters. If you have, then you could see if things improve by Rolling Back Driver update.

On that note, it might be worth seeing whether there is a firmware update available for your Router too. You noted that this is an issue that appears to have been around for a couple of years; I took a look at some of the threads on this topic, and noted in once case a User reported after updating their Router firmware, the problem ended. Many of the other thread posts were related to personal webpages created by the User which was using deprecated HTML code. I assume that is not the issue in your case as you are connecting to CCTV, but it might be worth checking whether the software for your CCTV has any updates also.

Ask a Question