SOLVED Migrate Internet Explorer Favorites

BEH

Reaction score
I currently have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. I am in the process of purchasing a new laptop which will have the same O/S and would like to know if it is possible to migrate the favourites list in Explorer to the new machine. I have many fav's in the list and to have to recreate them will be very time consuming .

thanks Brian

Reaction score
Yes, Internet Explorer can Export and Import but you also navigate in File Explorer, Users, your name and the Favorites Folder. Copy it to a thumb drive then paste into the same place on the other computer.

BEH

Reaction score
Yes, Internet Explorer can Export and Import but you also navigate in File Explorer, Users, your name and the Favorites Folder. Copy it to a thumb drive then paste into the same place on the other computer.

Thanks for the update... I've found the favorites list and have now copied them, ready to pate them onto the new laptop.

Reaction score
I use Firefox it can sync any of your devices bookmarks passwords many things and all you have to do is log into sync.

Ask a Question